Any Qualified organization may apply for grants,to qualify for GRANTS, projects must comply with the following criteria:
- Benefit the people of the District of Squamish
- Be a registered charity
- Have a BN/Registration number
- Be put forward by non-profit organization with a CRA charitable registration number (BN _____ RR000-)
- Have a definite purpose and be completed in a specific period of time
- Include provision for an evaluation and realistic plan for financial viability beyond the pilot stage
Capital projects will be considered if there is a demonstrated need
SCF encourages the participation of other organizations in funding projects and may provide matching funds or challenge grants to stimulate increased responses from other sources.
GRANTS are not:
- Awarded to retire debt or fund projects already completed.
- Awarded to fund religious organizations for direct religious activities.
- Made to promote activities or support advocacy initiatives.
- Made to establish or add to endowed funds
- Available to annual fund drives for sustaining support
- Made to be used towards operating or capital deficits