How To Donate
Giving is Easy
Squamish is blessed with a visionary community who see long term ideal of a Community Foundation and how it can lead to betterment of our community.
Giving is strategic, flexible and individual. Giving is fulfilling in perpetuity. It is about moving forward by giving back to your community.
Anyone can give to the Squamish Community Foundation including individuals, families, private foundations, corporations and other business organizations.
Donors making contributions to the Squamish Community Foundation may direct that their funds be used for a specific purpose or may leave the determination of their use to the discretion of the board of directors. Donations made for a specific purpose are known as "directed funds".
Donations can be made in any amount and in the following ways;
- Personal Donation. A gift during your lifetime.
- Bequest. A gift by way of a will for a specific amount.
- Life Insurance. Insurance can be an ideal way to create a major gift at a relatively low cost to the donor.
- Existing Organizations Or Trusts. Administrators of existing organizations or trusts may find it practical and efficient to transfer assets to a named fund within the Squamish Community Foundation.
- In Memorium / In Honor. A gift to perpetuate the name of a friend or family member.
- Corporate. A business may find it advantageous to use the Squamish Community Foundation as a vehicle for its charitable purposes.
We encourage donors to discuss the proposed gift with independent legal and/or tax advisors of the donor's choice so as to ensure that the donor receives a full and accurate explanation of all aspects of the proposed charitable gift.
How to Give
Donations can be made the following ways:
If you are mailing us a cheque please specify which fund you wish to donate to. If no instructions are received they will be applied to the Operating Fund.
All donations over $10 will receive a charitable tax receipt.